Thursday, December 2, 2010

Seattle Highlights

I have been in Seattle on and off for several years, but managed to catch a few sites I had not experienced as I begin Georgie's Advent Adventure.

Everybody knows about the famous Pike Place Market, and in particular the fish market where they throw their product. Somehow I got mistaken for a fish. Perhaps my aquamarine essence.


You cannot spend time in Seattle and not become enthused about the Seattle Mariners. Well, actually you can, since they suck pretty bad. But Safeco Field is an excellent venue for watching their suckiness. Here I am at the Giant Baseball Glove sculpture.


Pyramid Brewery is right next to Safeco. How about some Pumpkin Ale? Spooky.

Here is my first "World's Biggest." It is in Seattle, the world's biggest cowboy hat and boots. At one time it was a gas station, with the boots as the restroom. They have been carefully restored in a small park.


On to Portland. Maybe I will drop in on Kate and Andrew.

1 comment:

  1. He's already having reservations about coming back to Texas, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete